What factors impact the cost of my Florida homeowners insurance and what discounts are available?
Florida homeowners insurance premiums are impacted by many factors. We recommend that you speak with one of our licensed Florida home insurance experts to discuss your exact needs and factors so that we can help you design the right coverage for you and then get the best possible price from the 20 plus Florida homeowners insurance companies we represent.
Factors That Impact Homeowners Insurance Premium Include:
- Home Features and Characteristics — The age of your home, type of structure, wiring, roof, garage, etc., can affect your Florida Homeowners Insurance premium. Older homes can often cost more to insure, and those costs can differ depending on whether your home is brick, frame, stone or has synthetic siding.
- Location — Where your home is located can change your Florida Homeowners Insurance premium. For example, your home insurance rate can be affected if your home is in close to a fire station; is exposed to extreme weather, such as hurricanes, tornadoes or earthquakes; or is in a neighborhood more prone to theft.
- Protective Devices — Burglar alarm systems, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems and deadbolt locks can lower your Florida Homeowners Insurance premium.
- Personal Factors — What you do can affect your Florida Homeowners Insurance premium, too. For instance, smokers may pay more for home insurance than nonsmokers. A good credit history also can lower what you pay for home insurance.
- Claims History — If you have a history of claims on a Florida Homeowners Insurance policy, you may pay a higher premium.
Potential Florida Homeowners Insurance Discount:
- Multi-Policy Discount – Combine your homeowners with your auto, boat, umbrella or other qualifying policy.
- New Home Buyer or Builder Discount – Available to customers who have purchased or built their home within the prior 12 months to the policy effective date.
- Loss-Free Discount – Discounts for not having recent claims.
- New Roof Discount – If you have replaced your roof within the last 6 years.
- Wind Mitigation – If you have installed Hurricane shutters or impact windows
- Gated Community – If your home is located in a gated community.
- Protective Device Discounts – Provide a variety of ways to save by having devices such as: Smoke detectors and alarms, Interior sprinkler systems & Home security systems such as deadbolts, alarms and 24-hour security guard.
- Green Home Discount – Save if your home is certified ‘green’ by the Leadership Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) organization