Carpenter Insurance is Navarre, FL’s umbrella liability insurance expert. Our licensed agents will help you understand what an umbrella liability policy does and if you need one.
If you do need additional liability protection, we will work with our many companies to find the best Navarre, FL umbrella liability coverage at the lowest price.
Why do I need a personal liability umbrella insurance policy?
All of your insurance policies have limits. Your auto insurance, homeowners insurance, RV insurance, boat insurance, motorcycle insurance and/or business owner’s policy may not be sufficient in the event of a major claim.
An umbrella liability policy will “kick in” where you’re existing coverage reaches its’ limit, up to limit of the umbrella policy purchased. This extra layer of protection ensures that in the event of a major claim against you or your family, that your financial well-being will be protected.
Example of Umbrella Liability Insurance Coverage
Navarre, FL Umbrella Liability Coverage Options*
Bodily Injury Liability – Covers the cost of injuries to another person’s body. Examples include:
- injuries due to a serious auto accident where you are at fault,
- dog bites
- injuries sustained by a guest in your home due to a fall, or
- injuries sustained by a neighbor’s child who falls while playing in your yard.
Property Damage Liability – Covers the cost of damage or loss to another person’s property. Examples include:
- damage to vehicles and other property as a result of an auto accident where you are at fault,
- damage claims incurred when your pet rips a friend’s priceless oriental rug to shreds, or
- accidental damage to school property caused by your child (hey, you can’t disown them).
Landlords – Helps protect against liability that you may face as a landlord. Examples include:
- someone tripping over a crack in the sidewalk of your rental property and suing you for damages, or
- your tenant’s dog biting someone and you being held responsible for the injuries.
Coverage is also provided should you be sued for:
- false arrest, detention, or imprisonment,
- malicious prosecution,
- shock/mental anguish, and other personal liability situations.
*See specific Navarre, FL personal liability umbrella policies for coverage, limitations & exclusions