Do you offer Florida motorcycle insurance that covers my bike customization & accessories?
When you purchase Comprehensive or Collision coverage, at least $1,000 of Custom Parts and Equipment (CPE)/Accessory coverage is included in most states. Additional CPE coverage can be purchased to cover equipment, up to $30,000 in value.
CPE covers equipment, devices, accessories, enhancements and changes, other than those that the manufacturer originally installs, that alter the appearance or performance of a motorcycle or off-road vehicle. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Any electronic equipment, antennas and other devices used exclusively to send or receive audio, visual or data signals or play back recorded media, other than those that the manufacturer originally installs, that are permanently installed on the motorcycle or off-road vehicle using bolts or brackets, including slide-out brackets
- Sidecars (when attached to the insured cycle)
- Trailers designed to be pulled behind a motorcycle or off-road vehicle (when attached to the insured cycle)
- Trike conversion kits
- Custom paint, custom plating or custom exhaust
- Mower blades, plow blades or winches
- Safety riding apparel, including helmets. (Coverage is provided in the event of a Collision loss. Theft is not covered.)
Please note: We recommended you retain photos of the motorcycle and all receipts for custom parts and equipment.