Do I and my vehicle qualify for Florida classic car insurance?
Because classic and antique car insurance carriers are working hard to keep premiums low for classic car enthusiasts, they do need to put restrictions on which vehicles and drivers they will cover.
What types of classic cars may be covered?
- Antique Cars
- Muscle cars
- Exotic & Foreign
- Street rods
- Modern classics
- Replicas (high quality)
- Fire trucks
- Low riders
- Military vehicles
- Motorcycles and scooters
- Vehicles under active restoration
- Trailers/Car Haulers
What vehicles’s typically are not covered?
- Inexpensive home-built kits that do not replicate a classic vehicle
- Any vehicles used for camping, off-road or utility-type driving
- Pro-street vehicles modified with racing features like roll cages, nitrous systems, parachutes, etc.
- Regular-use vehicles driven on a daily basis
- Vehicles used primarily for commercial use
- Motorcycles with performance modifications
- Any vehicle modified with nitrous systems, blown alcohol systems or that run on nitro-methane
- Dune buggies
Do You Qualify? Driver & Household Requirements:
Usage – Our policy allows you to use your collector vehicle for club functions, exhibitions, organized meets, tours and even occasional pleasure driving — it just can’t be your daily driver.
Storage – Collector vehicles generally must be stored in a private, enclosed, secure structure when not in use. Appropriate storage examples include: private residential garages, private pole building or barns, rental storage units
Driver Eligibility – In most states, we can’t offer coverage to drivers with a serious infraction within the last five years. Serious infractions include: alcohol-related offenses, reckless driving, excessive speed violations
All household driving records are subject to underwriter review. Generally one or two minor violations or accidents are acceptable.
Regular-Use Vehicles – All household members with a valid drivers license must have a regular-use vehicle for daily driving. Motorcycles and public transportation are not considered viable regular use vehicles by our program in most cases (contact us for details).
Applicants must also maintain regular-use insurance in their own names.